Durable and Low-VOC, non-toxic OSMO Polyx Hardwax Oil finishes and stains for use in most any unfinished hardwood flooring application, including refinishing existing hardwood floors. LeBlanc Floors & Interiors is an industry leader specializing in the application and maintenance of non-toxic, low-VOC Polyx Hardwax Oil finishes and stains, as well as premium-quality water-based urethanes. In our continuing effort to preserve indoor air quality and reduce the use of toxins and chemicals in homes and businesses, we recommend these products over the use of traditional, solvent-based “Swedish” finishes.
Polyx Oil Finish Features & Benefits
Brands - Osmo Pro Polyx Oil, Rubio Monocoat, Berger-Seidle
- Repairable and maintainable– sanding may never be needed again.
- Preserves the look and feel of natural wood, rather than masking it with plastic.
- Cleaning & maintenance product line available, so you can keep the finish looking great indefinitely.
- Made mostly from readily renewable, natural ingredients.
- Extremely durable-keeps existing flooring in good shape for decades.
- When dry, Osmo meets EU safety standards for use on children’s furniture & toys & resistance to perspiration & saliva.
- Non Toxic, contains low- VOC.
- Penetrates into the wood surface, keeping it elastic but water-resistant. Finished wood won’t show water stains.
- Widely-used as a furniture, household trim, and other millwork finish.
- Dozens of stain and color options available from most manufacturers.
- Easy to clean with a soft-covered vacuum hose and damp-dry mop.
Not to be confused with traditional oil finishes, OSMO Polyx-Oil is an engineered finish made with plant oils and waxes. This remarkable finish offers excellent durability and renewability with a unique, rich finish. It will never crack, blister or flake off. Instead of forming a plastic film, like polyurethane does, Polyx-Oil has open pores that “breathe.” This allows any moisture that does get through to get back out again without pushing off the finish.
Because it is micro porous, Polyx-Oil works well in rooms with high humidity, such as kitchens. It meets German standards for resistance to stains from wine, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice and, of course, beer.
Spot repairs are easy. Make repairs regularly, and the finish will last indefinitely. If maintained, you will NEVER have to sand your floors again!
This product provides no protection against ultraviolet rays from the sun, and it is not recommended for outdoor use.
Example of Polyx Oil Ingredients
Polyx-Oil include sunflower, soybean and thistle oil, plus two hard, natural waxes: carnauba and candelilla. A Brazilian palm tree, Copernica cerifera, produces the carnauba in its leaves, berries and stalks. Villagers cut down fronds, dry them for several days, and then beat off the wax. The candelilla comes from the outer coating on a desert shrub, Euphorbia antisyphiliti, that grows in northern Mexico. Farmers boil the leaves and stems with water and acid to release the wax. This is an oil-based product.
Contact us to learn more about finishes and your floors.
Bona Waterbased Urethanes Features & Benefits
- Unsurpassed scuff, scratch and chemical resistance at full cure
- Very low VOCs - less than 125
- Very low odor
- Available in Satin, Semi-Gloss, and Extra Matte
- Fast drying – approximately 2-3 hours
- Nonflammable with a non-offending odor
- Water clean-up
Bona’s industry-leading waterborne finishes and sealers have always been VOC-compliant and healthier for people and the environment than most other finishes. Providing the highest quality, cleanest finishing process available, Bona protects your health and the environment, while assuring the ultimate in durability and beauty for hardwood floors. Free of harmful fumes, you won’t have to move out of their home or vacate your business. Low in VOCs and GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®.
Bona finishes provide a sound investment with faster drying times, low VOCs, and increased durability. Bona’s advanced-technology, Swedish waterborne finishes are the most durable polyurethane finishes available today. Beautiful Clear, high-build finishes won’t amber or change color over time, highlighting the true beauty and elegance of wood. waterborne finishes Enhanced Commercial Application with Slip Resistance. It has been a misconception that waterborne finishes are not as durable as oil-modified finishes. In Taber test results, it is proven that waterborne finishes withstand the wear and tear of commercial and residential floors better than oil-modified finishes. - Bona.com